Latest Entries »

Friday, April 27, 2012

Styling input file only with CSS (no images)


Introduction


As far as I browse the Internet there was no jQuery plugin that allow us to beautify <input type="file" /> without graphic images. This is really bad because very often our inputs are styled with CSS3: gradients, shadows, corners etc.. and it can be dynamically changed without any problem. So I took things in my hands and I made small changes to very popular jQuery plugin File Style for jQuery to allow use only CSS.

How it works

This plugin has aimed to create a wrapper for<input type="file" /> the same as in File Style but without any images. Demo is included in zip archived and should look like this:




Source code

Here is zipped source code and demo page. Meanwhile I've got time I will host this at github or code.google.com. If you got problem with downloads please post comment or email me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment